1/7/10

Why green?

Short peer review on the blog Glossies and new media

By Alexandra van der Vloed

I chose to review a blog of a group that I didn’t now when starting this course and still won’t recognise if standing right in front of me. The blog is called:
Glossies and new media.
The blog is created by Lisa, Tamara, Linda, Manou and Artie.

The first thing that strikes me is the colour. It is… green, very green. The head of the blog is nice but I’ am not really sure what this has to do with your question.
Anyway, the question that they had to answer is posted in the top of the blog so it is very clear what subject they are addressing.
Another thing that caught my attention is the title: over mij on the right side of the blog. This title implies that they will explain their group or something but there is nothing explained, it’s empty.
Looking at the blog there is a lot of text, especially on the first page or last written what ever you like to call it. I really miss some illustrations that would actually make the blog more interesting when you take a first look at the blog.

About the content, first of all I really like the title ‘why so negative’ it triggers people to read that article. In fact it was the only article on your blog that triggered me to read it. You should use more of those titles because it would make the blog a lot more interesting to look at.
The articles were pleasant to read. They are not very long but clear. They used al lot of sources. There is in fact one article that almost solely exists of sources.

Overall the blog is clear structured but guys the green?! It is a bit much. Although I have to admit that it is quite original. The texts are clear. The blog seems long and a bit boring because of the long texts. You can use the read more button at the end of an article. This way there is a clear overview. You can also use the
scribd application that allows a certain structure in the blog. Further, some illustrations could really lighten up the page or maybe even a comic and fill in the ‘over mij’ section because WHO ARE YOU?
Anyway, I think you did a great job in creating the blog. The green I won’t discuss anymore
(although I’m still curious why). You have created a very interesting blog, good job.

No comments:

Post a Comment